Bandhani Saree || Ever Green Print ||

 Who does not love slipping into their Mom, Granny or Nani’s Saree? Growing up it’s one of my favorite avocations to dig into mom’s wardrobe and grab that Saree which I have been eyeing on ever since mom has worn it. If you are also obsessed with Saree's just like me, then you will sure enjoy the post.

Hello and welcome to “The Libra Style”. I am Dhwani. Hope you are doing good and are safe at home. Happy New Year! I know I am a little late but as it is said better late than never. So here I am with my first blog post of 2021. Let’s Begin.

Saree makes you look poised, elegant & sophisticated. I believe every girl should have at least one quintessential Saree which is easy to carry, has well fitted blouse (of course you can always experiment & pair it up with your crop tops, tube tops, turtle neck etc.) & a perfect petticoat.

Well mommy has a wardrobe full of Saree's however the one pattern which fascinates both me and my mom is “Bandhani”. I was very young when I first saw mommy carrying Bandhani Saree when we were in some family function. The beautiful design and color caught my attention that I can’t stop staring at her. Mommy noticed it and ask me to sit beside her. I expeditiously grab a seat next to her and bombard her with my curious questions. She patiently listened every question and handed me a cup of ice-cream ensuring she will answer me as soon as we reach home.

When we reach home, she started with:

My Dear Child, this Saree was gifted to me by your granny. This print is known as “Bandhani” which means Bandhan or Tying. As it is considered to be auspicious, I prefer wearing it for traditional rituals. Staying in Gujarat, we are fortunate to find it anywhere and everywhere. Outside of Gujarat Bandhani Saree's are seen in Rajasthan as well. These Saree's are usually seen in bright colors. The motifs detailing in flowers, balls, creepers, etc.  shape draws everyone attention. The fabric is so soft and comfortable that I can easily pull this Saree the whole day without any hassle. “Lehriya” is one of the most searched Bandhani prints which has Wave-like Pattern. See I have one in Lehriya print as well, which your dad gifted me when I first visited this home.

After Listening to Mommy, I can’t stop myself for wearing it. Till today I own both of them and never miss an opportunity to embrace myself in these Saree's.

Nowadays you can easily find these Saree's online. Always Remember anyone can pull any Saree. Be confident and walk like a Queen.

Hope you liked the post. I would love to hear your thoughts, drop them in comment.  You can also ping me on Instagram or Twitter.

Will be back soon with another blog post, till then spread love everywhere you go!

#Happy Blogging!

 

 
 
(Lehriya Print)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                                 

 

Post a Comment

2 Comments